Monday, May 4, 2009

Count your blessings.

It's hard to live life everyday thankful for everything you have. We all do it. Wasted time spent thinking about all the little things in life that you'd change or wish were better...

I found out today that my landlord and his wife's 10 wk old baby is headed to Johns Hopkins for major surgery on Thursday. He has Biliary Artresia. It's rare.. and unfortunately tends to lead to an eventual pediatric liver transplant.

It floored me. I guess because I realize how hard it is to cherish every second you have with your children.. It's so easy to get overwhelmed with the tantrums, the dirty house, the toothpaste on the counters, transformers all over the living room, etc. I forget how absolutely blessed I am to have such an amazing little boy. He's smart and witty, he's funny, he's silly, and most importantly he's wonderfully healthy and happy.

Love every second you have. Be grateful for the friends and family and kids in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment