Thursday, September 3, 2009

Independent Medical Exam..

So tomorrow is my big day..

I have an "independent medical exam" to be done by a second neurosurgeon. He will have all my old films and CT scans and MRI's and he will look at my medical records and decide if the surgery is really necessary. There will be a nurse who is supplied by the "intermediary" people who are supposed to be like mediating between me and the Workers comp insurance company. She will accompany me to the appt, wait in the waiting room till he's done examining me, then he will talk to her about his opinion. I guess from there she reports this to the insurance company and then they will decide what they are going to do.. Either approve the surgery as a workers comp pay or they will deny and I then begin the ordeal of fighting with my regular insurance to get this done already.

I am soooooo ready to move on with my life. I want to be able to wake up painfree. I realize I may not ever be completely rid of the pain... but I maintain that if it even decreased the pain level by 50% overall it would truly CHANGE MY LIFE.

In the meantime I'm continuing my bachelors degree, I'm not working, and I'm just waiting patiently for things to be decided.

I will try to remember to check in tomorrow and update on how the appt went. :)

1 comment: